The Morgantown Area Economic Partnership (MAP) is a nonprofit, public-private sector partnership that provides development assistance to the business community of Monongalia and Preston counties. Operating under the direction of a board of directors, this economic development partnership includes representatives from local government, the Monongalia and Preston County Economic Development Authorities, the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, West Virginia University, as well as local banks, utilities and businesses.
SHARED PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Morgantown Area Economic Partnership and Monongalia County Development Authority, through their joint partnership, share the mission of creating opportunities for new businesses, jobs and investment growth in Monongalia and Preston counties. This will be accomplished by the following:
- creating effective public and private development partnerships;
- leading efforts to expand and retain our existing businesses;
- developing commercial and industrial sites through strategic planning and targeted investment that supports infrastructure growth and quality of life throughout the region;
- aggressively marketing the region as a smart choice for new business locations; and
- providing access to capital and technical assistance for projects which clearly advance our purpose.